My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://mycupcakenotebook.com
and update your bookmarks.

Monday, July 7, 2014

"Vanilla Ice cream" Mini Cupcakes

Hello everyone!

Today I will show you a recipe that I have wanted to do for a while now. 


Aren't they cute? I have seen them in Pinterest for some time now but those kind of ice cream cones aren't something that you come across easily here. So when I found them in the supermarket I was ecstatic. At last!

I must say that I have also seen the "Pinterest fails" that this recipe has brought to some bakers as well... I was afraid that this would be my fate too and, as a matter of fact, it was:



Oh, the horror! Normally, when I bake, I use the time when the cupcakes are in the oven to clean up the kitchen but with this recipe, all I could do was pace in front of the oven and hold my breath. Imagine my dismay when I saw that the batter was overflowing!!!

I'm not going to lie, I was pretty devastated. Most of them turned out to be like this:


Ugh.

However, when I tasted one, they were good so I decided to keep going.


And they turned out pretty great after all!



Vanilla Ice cream” Mini Cupcakes

Ingredients (yields 24 mini-cupcakes)

  • 24 ice mini ice cream cones
  • 120g flour
  • 140g sugar
  • 1 ½ tsp baking powder
  • 1 pinch of salt
  • 40g butter (room temperature)
  • 120mL milk
  • 1 egg
  • ½ tsp vanilla extract
  • 40g chocolate chips

Frosting ingredients

  • 250g confectioner's sugar
  • 80g butter (room temperature)
  • 25mL milk
  • ¼ tsp vanilla extract
  • Sprinkles

Directions

  • Pre-heat the oven at 170ºC (338ºF).
  • Distribute the ice cream cones on the oven tray. Put 3 or 4 chocolate chips at the bottom of the cones.
  • Beat flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and butter at low speed until the batter is even and slightly lumpy. Add half of the milk.
  • Beat egg with the vanilla extract and milk and add to the flour mix. Whip everything up until the batter is homogeneous.
  • Pour into the ice cream cones until ¾ of their capacity.

  • Bake for 15-20 minutes, testing them by inserting a toothpick inside.
  • Let them cool down in a rack.

Frosting directions

  • Beat sugar and butter for some minutes until they are well blended.
  • Mix milk and vanilla and add it to the sugar little by little.
  • Whip up at maximum speed for 5 minutes until the frosting is fluffy and smooth.
  • Put in a pastry bag and decorate the cupcakes.
  • Decorate with the sprinkles.



The chocolate chips in the bottom melt in your mouth when you take a bite!



I hope my (sort of) fail don't discourage you to make them!

Here's the pdf with the recipe.

Anna

No comments:

Post a Comment