My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://mycupcakenotebook.com
and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Nutella® Croissants

Hello everyone!

I have always loved croissants. Their buttery taste melting in your mouth. I think croissants are one of the best things in the world and, therefore, I always thought that they were incredibly difficult to make.



Well, turns out that they are not as difficult to make as I thought. Of course, they are great if you make your own puff pastry. If you are willing to do that, follow this link to my last post, that shows you step-by-step how to do it.



If you don't feel like doing your own puff pastry (I get it, it takes a lot of time) you could buy the dough instead. It will reduce the time into merely minutes (follow the instructions, of course!). 

I made these croissants for a breakfast date with my friends. Each one of us brought something and we enjoyed a beautiful day in a park in the middle of Barcelona. We even had the visit of an excited puppy who would have wreaked havoc if I hadn't caught her on time!






Nutella® Croissants

Ingredients (yields 12 croissants)



Directions


  • Cut the dough into triangles of 5cm base.

  • Put a teaspoon of Nutella in the base of each triangle. Roll it from the base (the widest part) towards the tip.

  • Place the croissants on a parchment paper lined tray and cover with a cloth for two hours until they double their volume. Bear in mind that you should leave a two-centimeter separation between each croissant.
  • Pre-heat the oven at 180ºC (356ºF).
  • Beat together the egg and milk and gently paint each croissant with the mix.

  • Bake for 15 minutes.


Make them! Prepare them in advance and treat yourself every once in a while! You could freeze them and bake a couple of them for a special breakfast anytime! 

Here's the pdf: Nutella® Croissants

Anna

No comments:

Post a Comment