My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://mycupcakenotebook.com
and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Strawberry Cakes

Hello everyone!

Here I come, again, with another strawberry recipe. I know, I know, I just can't help it! I always have strawberries at home now and it's difficult for me to resist them!


This one is very, very easy. I made it into four cakes, so I could give them away, but it can also be made into one. 


As you can see, its interior is really moist. Super moist, I would say. I used clementine juice instead of lemon (which is what would normally be used in these cases) and I think it gave it a great touch.






Strawberry Cake

Ingredientes (yields four 6x12cm cakes)

  • 350g fresh strawberries
  • 160g sugar
  • 190g flour
  • ½ tsp salt
  • ¼ tsp cinnamon
  • ½ tsp baking soda
  • 120ml mild olive oil
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1 Tbs clementine juice

Crumble (optional)

  • 130g sugar
  • 30g flour
  • 60g butter


Preparación

  • Line the cake pans with parchment paper.
  • Pre heat the oven at 175ºC (350ºF).
  • Triturate 175g of strawberries with a tablespoon of sugar. Do not puree them, there should be chunks of strawberries.
  • In a medium bowl, mix flour, cinnamon, salt and baking soda.
  • In another bowl, whisk sugar, olive oil, eggs, vanilla and clementine juice (lemon juice or orange juice can also be used instead). Add the triturated strawberries.

  • Mix the dry ingredients with the wet ones manually. Stir gently so you do not overmix them.
  • Cut the rest of the strawberries into small pieces and mix with 1 tablespoon of flour. Add them to the batter.
  • Fill the cake pans with the batter up until 1/3 of their capacity.
  • Crumble: mix sugar, flour and butter in a bowl with a fork. Put 1 or 2 spoonfuls of the mix on each cake pan.

  • Bake for 30-35 minutes, check that it is completely cooked by inserting a toothpick.



I hope you liked this one! Feel free to download the pdf version of the recipe here: Strawberry Cakes.

Anna

No comments:

Post a Comment